Crowdinvestment Taxes Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I am considering using crowdinvestment platforms or launching an initial coin offering to raise funds towards a new business. Before I do I would like to know if I would have to tax the money I raise and how. Thanks.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4018

Hi there,

moneyland.ch is not a tax consultation service. Consider consulting a qualified tax advisor for accurate tax information pertinent to your specific situation.

Taxes which may apply to investors include:

1. Stamp duties. If investors receive securities in exchange for their investment, the securities transactions may be subject to Swiss stamp duties.

2. Capital gains tax. If investors are classified as professional investors by the tax office, they must pay capital gains tax on increases in the value of securities received in exchange for investment. Those categorized as private investors are not required to pay capital gains tax on profits gained through securities price increases.

3. Wealth tax. The market value of securities held by investors may be counted towards their total wealth.

4. Withholding tax. If investors earn yields as interest on their investment, rather then obtaining shares in the business, the interest they earn may be subject to a 35% withholding tax. This withholding tax may be refunded, in part, after tax returns are filed and processed.

Taxes which may apply to you as the recipient of assets include:

1. Value added tax (VAT). Fees charged to recipients by crowdinvestment platforms are subject to VAT.

2. Income tax. If you as the recipient offer investors rewards, such as services or merchandise, in exchange for their investment, the investment may be considered income generated through the sale of goods or services.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Business loan comparison
Criteria for Business Loans in Switzerland
Swiss securities broker comparison

Request now for free

Cheap bank accounts with card

Free bank account

Yuh

• No account fees

• Banking partner: Swissquote & Postfinance

• CHF 20 trading credit with code «YUHMONEYLAND»

Swiss digital bank

Alpian

• Multi-currency account with Visa card (CHF, EUR, USD, GBP)

• Favorable foreign exchange rates

• CHF 100 welcome bonus

Online private account

UBS key4

• 50 KeyClub points as a welcome gift

• Online private account with debit card